A locksmith is a professional skilled tradesman who specializes in locks. Ever been locked out of your home, car, garage, or somewhere else? Well then, locksmiths are typically the ones who resolve the issue when no one else can for you.
A locksmith works with locks on the following:
They can do three things for you overall:
They also service the following locks:
- Commercial properties
- Residential properties
- Industrial establishments
- Security devices
Locksmiths can produce and duplicates keys, change combination locks, and circumvent locks with consent. One of the most common perceptions of locksmiths is that they only pick locks when they don’t. Want to find out more locksmiths in the Palm Beach area?
Other services rendered by a professional locksmith include the following:
- Cutting keys: if you need keys for your garage, basement, front door, side door, padlock, etc, a locksmith is able to cut keys of any variety.
- Window & Door Locks: A locksmith is able to repair, fit and supply both window and door locks.
- Security safe: they’re able to open security safes, install them and move vaults as well.
- Auto locksmith: They’re able to give you a new key to your vehicle, fix key fobs, program transponders & remote control keys.
There are locksmiths who work for security agencies or do security consulting. Now while it may seem like locksmiths are old school, because of technology, their jobs have shifted quite a bit. Now instead of just working with fabricated locks and keys, they’re are working with biometric locks and key card entry systems.
In order to get around, some locksmiths utilize a van to transport their tools of the trade. They tend to have many to do the job. Their tools allow them to pick locks, program electronic locks, get into locked vehicles/structures, as well as fabricate keys, assess security systems and electronic locks.
For some locksmith companies, they’re on call 24 hours for emergencies. At night time people have issues gaining access to certain things and areas. In order to fix that issue, they call on a locksmith to come through and resolve that problem.
A list of a few tools locksmiths use
1. Phillip scredrivers from small-to-large in a set
2. Plain screwdrivers small-to-large in a set
3. Robertson screwdrivers from small-to-large in a set
4. Torx drivers in a set
5. Strong hex keys.
6. Regular & needle nose vise grips
7. Pliers (regular, needle nose, bent needle,)
8. Crescent wrench 6-8″
9. 6-8 oz hammers (light & heavy duty)
10. Files in a set w/ a siwiss or grobert #2 or #4 for impressioning
12. Duct & electrical tape
All in all, locksmiths definitely come handy for tasks regarding your locks. If you enjoyed this article I thank you very much for reading it. If you need locksmith services in Palm Beach, Florida contact us at Palm Beach Lock Smith. We can help you.